Thursday, December 4, 2008

Turning 30


Today marked a new phase in my life. My thirties. Sheesh. Where did my twenties go?

Well, I had a really great day! I just hung out and watched television for a couple of hours this morning and then got dressed to go to a short meeting. After that I drove to Mark's office and he took me to a great Thai restaurant (which I LOVE) for lunch. I then decided to get a haircut which has been way overdue. When I got home the doorbell rang and I had some beautiful flowers from our wonderful friends from Memphis, the Hoffmans. (Thank you, guys!!!)
I then proceeded to clean my entire downstairs. No idea why I was in that mode. Mark came home with an AWESOME peanut butter and chocolate cake from a bakery that the firm orders from. It had Reeses sprinkled all over it. Mark said "We'll see if we go into a diabetic coma tonight."
We ran some errands tonight and got some garland and wreaths and a ton of other Christmas decorations. We plan to get our tree tomorrow night and decorate it this weekend. And oh, yes, I will post many photos! :)
Thanks to everyone for all of the emails, phone calls, and flowers. It really was a very special day.


4 comments:

Arika said...

Happy birthday! Sounds like you've had a perfect day. :)

Joymes said...

HA ha welcome to the 30'a with the rest of us :) It just gets better and better- really! That cake looks yummy- hope you don't have your diabetic coma tonight :)

The Keel Gang said...

So wonderful! I was thrilled the day I turned 30! Having so many kids, it just seemed better that I wasn't in my 20's anymore! I felt more like a woman at 30! The flowers are beautiful!

Shannon said...

sounds like a great birthday... by the way... once you hit 30 you fall apart fast lol... just ask me how I know lol...