Tuesday, December 2, 2008

The dining room is almost done!


Here is a photo of the dining room. We lack one painting on the wall to the left and then changing the chandelier to something different. I have a chandelier that was in my parents' house that belonged to my grandmother that I want to use. But right now it's lost. I'm in great hopes that it will turn up soon.
The curtains are silk and Mark and I made them. Yes, we MADE them!! We put black out lining on the back and I am very happy with that. The hardware is by Levelor from Lowe's. They only took maybe 2 hours to pin up, sew and hang. We will NOT be trying Roman shades again like we did in Memphis. That was a nightmare.
The buffet was a killer deal from an antique store in Concord, New Hampshire when we lived there. It is solid mahogany and six feet long. The dining set (with the exception of the parson's chairs on each end) was bought at an estate sale in Germantown, TN when we lived in Memphis a few years ago. The painting was bought at an art store in Hot Springs, Arkansas and the two buffet lamps were a Christmas gift from my parents. So, that's the scoop with the dining room. Now we're just needing to finish up those two things in there and then we'll be ready to complete another room!

3 comments:

Joymes said...

wow- those curtains are awesome. Cool room.

Arika said...

This is really pretty! Can't wait to see pictures of the rest of the house. :)

Plan Our Health said...

Thanks! It's a rather slow work in progress because we're doing it ourselves as Mark is loving the DIY stuff!