Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Random Bullet Points

-We had over the couple across the street for dinner Sunday night. They're really nice and we like them a lot. They are computer engineers and expecting their first child. We were too lazy to cook, so Mark went to Red Hot and Blue and bought baby back ribs, BBQ, and all of the trimmings to serve. Of course I wouldn't want to mess up the theme of "pre-prepared" so a store bought Hershey's Turtle Pie was dessert.
-Mark's law firm office party was at a country club where we had brunch on Sunday. It was much better than I had anticipated, really. A boy's choir was brought in to sing. Mark bought $20 in raffle tickets for some fund raiser they were having and he won two drawings totaling $100 in gift cards! Rarely does that happen!
-My husband has recently become a fan of cashmere. He went to a huge sale at Jos A Banks (his favorite clothing store ever) and bought a boat load of clothes on sale including two cashmere sweaters. He said "I could just sit around and rub these sweaters." Really, he got a great deal. He got about $2300 worth of clothes for around $700!
-I am getting fat eating all of these holiday treats people are bringing.
-I went back to spin class and did a little bit better. I went to "aerobics" this morning and pretty much sucked at that too. Either I am just horribly out of shape or I seriously am uncoordiated.
-I have to work this Thurs, Fri, Sat and Sunday. Then work Tues, Wed, and Fri of next week. Whew!
-We forgot to set out the trash on Friday and it is overflowing. We're having to set extra bags along the wall in the garage because no more will fit in the can. Trash guys don't come again until Tuesday. Great.

3 comments:

Joymes said...

Hey- just think of how happy you are that you don't have to haul the trash can from the basement, through the house to the front door anymore :) I love the christmas decoration! So cute. They had a huge sale at pottery barn outlet today- all holiday stuff was 75% off- insane. I practiced self control but did buy a few things...

Johnna said...

That's a really pretty trinket. I like it with cranberries.

Shannon said...

I love that Yankee candle decoration... that is so cute.... but I think I am uncoordiated... because spin classes and aerobic classes are hard but takes some coordiation... and i lack it lol... we have a Jos A Banks in town now... I will have to check it out for Jeremy... need to get him out of polo style shirts lol... but once I hit my goal weight I am sooo getting me a cashmere sweater...