Sunday, March 14, 2010

St. Maarten

St. Maarten was a repeat trip for us as well. But oh, how pretty the island is. It has excellent beaches, good shopping, friendly people and an awesome restaurant. The photos aren't coming up exactly in the order I wanted but I'll start with telling you that we were given a recommendation to eat at Chesterfield's last year and we did so. And boy was it good! So, we went back for lunch this year and ordered the exact same things we had last year: Hurricane Shrimp and Conch Fritters. Mmmm.....good. We found a couple of beach chairs and an umbrella to rent so we just hung out on the beach for a couple of hours.....and I got fried on half of my body. Made for a painful rest of the trip.
The water is such a beautiful shade of blue here. The beach got pretty crowded after a while and we left.
You cannot imagine all of the shopping here. It is insane! They have killer deals on jewelry too....but I did not buy any.
And just imagine my breaking heart to see a stray kitten on our walk to the beach. It was so thin. There was a Humane Society store and woman who we told about the cat and she said she'd send someone over to see about it. I hope she followed up on that.
Next stop: The island of Tortola.

No comments: