Thursday, March 25, 2010

Recipe Thursday: My Favorite Recipe Book

I have decided to make Thursdays a recipe day. This is motivation for me to try new recipes, my friends. I am getting tired of the same things over and over: meatloaf, spaghetti, hamburgers, blah bitty blah. Getting bored with what you cook can lead to more eating out right? And that leads to more calories consumed and more money spent. So, even though I'm not posting an actual recipe today, (I will reveal my reason tomorrow), I wanted to share my most favorite entertaining recipe book. My mom got this for me for Christmas. I was a little hesitant at first because I figured "Oh, it's just going to be another cookbook that wants you to pull out your almond paste and Israeli couscous from the cabinet which NOBODY has got in their cabinet." Stuff you can't even ask your neighbors to borrow. But my peeps, this cookbook gets an A plus from me. Just like my mom said, it's stuff you HAVE on hand or can easily acquire at any run of the mill grocery store. The only thing I have found that it talks about a lot in the bread section is using rapid rise yeast which I have never done. But I bought some and I'll show you step by step, photo by photo my trial with it--haven't done it yet, but will!

So, starting next Thursday, we'll start cooking/baking!

No comments: