Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Expensive

By the time we arrived in Zurich, it was time for lunch. So we set out to find something. Their money is the swiss franc. It's about a 1:1 ratio with the US dollar. So it something was 10 swiss francs that meant that it was about 10 US dollars. Easy enough. Well, everything--the restaurants--seemed rather high so we wandered upon a McDonalds. We paid no attention to the prices because really, we're at McDonalds and when do you need to worry about something being expensive there? Well, imagine our surprise when we ordered a kid's meal for me (I was also shocked that it came with no toy, not that I wanted one) and a "Royale with cheese" aka a quarter pounder value meal, that the total came to over $19 US. Yeah. I ate every single french fry on my plate.
"Royal with cheese" Mark has wanted to order. ya know, because they did it in Pulp Fiction.
I thought I'd take a picture of the menu for you all. Can you see the prices? A filet of fish is over $9.
Want some Nike shoes? Even for the ugly ones you'll have to cough up over $200. The inflation here is unreal.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: