Sunday, October 12, 2008

Happy Birthday Leslie!

Mark's mom and brother (Leslie) came for a less than 24 hour visit this weekend. They dropped off the Adirondack chair that Leslie made for us for Christmas a couple of years ago. We had an early 42nd birthday party for him too. We drove them around showing them RTP where Mark works and then went to a church this morning that we'll never go back to I'm sure because it was so incredibly far away...but it had the earliest service time. There wasn't much time to do much else though.
We spent a great deal of time on the yard this weekend and are having a lot of trouble getting our underground irrigation/sprinkler system to work. I guess we'll have to end up calling someone to come out and look at it. We were trying to water our yard with our rain barrel water and I was taking some from my watering can over to the little area between the sidewalk and the street. The area around the stop sign looked awfully dry so I was watering that area when I heard someone yell "The sign, it doesn't grow at all!" Our neighbor, Pete, was in his yard and laughing at how it really looked like I was watering the stop sign. I guess it did seem funny. I ended up cutting all of the blooming roses off of the rose bushes and with some help of the boxwood as a filler, I made three large arrangements in vases.

I work this M, Tu, Wed and then my parents are visiting Wed evening through Monday morning (when I have to go back to work). So, I'm sure I'll be posting photos from their visit as well. I will also write a follow up on the politics post, but things are so crazy busy right now, that I just don't have the time to sit down and do some thorough research. But I'll try my hardest to get that up. Have a great week, everyone!

2 comments:

Arika said...

I am enjoying your blog. Have fun visiting with your parents and tell them hello! :)

Shannon said...

lol watering the stop sign... oh that is tooo funny... but the yard is sounding really nice...