Monday, September 8, 2008

Friday is the big day!

We close on our house on Friday. We're leaving here early Thursday morning because we have to meet with the sellers (per their request) so that they can "show us things" about the house. It is a very nice thing to do, but I've honestly never heard of it being done before. We'll close at 1 p.m. on Friday and then I have to at some point meet with one of the physicians in my group so we can sign some papers together. That may happen on Saturday morning before we come back home. I have to be back on Saturday afternoon for my going away party given to me by a coworker. I promise to take photos!!My husband is going to stay down in Raleigh all next week and work there so he can come home and start on some of the renovations. I promise to take lots of photos and blog often about this. Lots of before and after shots! I am so excited!! Things have been kind of busy, yet not anything entertaining enough to write about. We did get those downpours from Hanna come through on Saturday.

Also, our next door neighbors came over for dinner Saturday night and they also seem to be the only other couple besides me and Mark that are our age and have no children. In fact, I'm the last of my close group of friends! We'll have to see what we can do about that. :) We had fun with the Becks. They taught us a new game called Euchre. It's a midwestern card game that I'd never heard of. I looked and looked for my Phase 10 cards, but couldn't find them anywhere.

No comments: