Thursday, April 23, 2009

Spring is here

Lately we've been doing A LOT of yardwork. I am amazed at just how much work it is to keep a yard looking nice. Wow. We've been cleaning out all of the old yucky leaves that get stuck up in shrubs and lay there for years until they become brittle and turn into mulch. And then it's an even bigger mess to clean up.The local Methodist Church youth had a pine straw sale and we bought ten bales of pine straw to spread around the front yard. I'm not sure it will be enough, but we can always run to Lowe's and get more if we need it. See the yard ornaments? They're named Sprinkles and Miss Marble. They were sitting and watching us work in the flower bed. They like to just sit and watch.
Yes, that is a small white garbage can beside of me. And one of the most useful things I have in doing yardwork. I toss clippings, etc in it and it's light and easy to toss around. Then I can just dump it out when I'm done. Necessity is the mother of invention.

4 comments:

Joymes said...

You need your all purpose bucket. James has one he got at home depot that is orange- when we first moved here. he uses his bucket all the time working out in the yard :)

Johnna said...

Looks like you have a pretty yard. Unbelievable grass! Is that a Crape Myrtle?

Plan Our Health said...

Thanks! The grass is like carpet in our yard. The previous owners put fescue (sp?) seed and kept reseeding and so we have too and it's awesome. Only since moving here have we realized that our other yards have not had grass, but just full of weeds! The crape myrtle? I have no idea....I'm learning all of this stuff. Maybe it is?? LOL

Shannon said...

wow... the yard looks great... and I love the flowers... wanna come do mine lol...