As you may have guessed, my husband has been doing some of the last few posts on some renovations he has done around the house. Don't they look great?!! I have been so impressed with what he has accomplished.
So, how many of you made New Year resolutions? I asked Mark what his were and he replied "I don't believe in them." LOL I LOVE making lists, more than actually following through with the lists, really. I feel like the new year is a time that you get to hit the reset button and try and do better. And you know there are millions of people doing it with you too! Well, I have some that I'll share with you.
1. To Eat Better. I don't eat a very balanced diet. I frequently eat what is convenient, which has blessed me with the new cushioning I have attached to my thighs. I am not resolving to lose weight (while I am hoping that will be an added bonus) but to eat healthier. I started wondering if grocery stores see a boost in their fresh foods or diet foods in January since I know a bunch of people are wanting to lose weight.
2. To Waste Less Time. I work fewer days of the week than most. But on the days I do work I work LONG days. Hence, the convenience foods. So, on the days that I have off, I tend to relax for extended periods of time. Such as staying in my pajamas and sipping coffee until 1 p.m. I suppose it is healthy to a certain degree, but I feel like I should be doing something more productive. So, "waste less time" is a general resolution. Maybe I should just say "get out of my pajamas by 10 a.m." which is a 3 hour improvement, ey?
3. Study God's Word. I bought a book a couple of months ago on understanding the Bible. It goes through each book of the Bible and helps you pull together all of those stories that you've heard a million times, and see the bigger picture. I want to try to apply His word to my life on a daily basis.
4. Keep In Touch. This will be the year that I do a much better job of keeping in touch with friends and family. I have done a embarrassingly poor job of that the past couple of years. I read emails that people send me right away, and think "I'll write them back in just a minute" and that turns into days which then is taken over by my forgetfulness.
5. Post Comments On Blogs. I read so many blogs and never post comments. Why? I really don't know why. I LOVE to get comments on my blog and I know other people do too. So, this will be the year that I post comments (not always, but more frequently) on blogs or Facebook statuses.
6. Be Better. Try to be a better wife, daughter, friend, practitioner. Just in general. I want to be better.
7. Projects. I want to start finishing up on the projects we have for the house. This year I want to finish the office/study, and possibly the master bathroom. I want to do a better job of organizing as well.
8. Blog. I really love to blog. But I am a horrible procrastinator. I am pledging to blog at least once a week. And it will still count if my husband guest blogs!! But I enjoy so much of reading old posts and seeing what we do throughout the year.
What are YOUR resolutions? I am interested to hear!!