Monday, May 4, 2009

Spring Brunch

This morning I hosted a Spring Brunch with some of my lady neighbors. We just had a good time chatting and getting together. We see each other in our yards and quickly chat, but it was nice to get a couple of hours in over brunch.My wonderful husband helped me with these fantastic dishes--he got big brownie points for that! :) I used the website http://www.bbonline.com/ for recipes as most were make ahead the night before and then cook the morning of the brunch. And well, they were simply delicious! I served Sausage and Cheese Strata, Stuffed Baked French Toast, Hashbrown Fritatta, Monkey Bread, Banana nut muffins/bread, and fresh fruit salad with dip. It made enough to feed an army so I packed a couple of plates to send home to some of the husbands. Katie Q brought her precious baby with her. He'll be 3 months next week I believe. And she starts back to work this Friday---good luck Katie!
Unfortunately, this photo is kind of dark, but it's Katie C, Connie, and Mary:I think I'll make this an annual event.

1 comment:

Johnna said...

Such a good idea. We all need time with other women. Looks like you worked really hard, too. Would have loved to have been there for all that yummy food. Oh, and we usually have mimosa's at our girl's breakfasts, so next time break out the champagne!