Thursday, April 22, 2010

Blogworthy?

Sorry for the lack of pictures with this post.  I took a blogging break as my parents came to visit for a week and I just spent all of the time with them rather than on the computer.  Of course I kept my iPhone handy to keep up with Facebook!

Let's see, things that have been going on:  We have a third cat.  Sigh.  Yes, I know.  That's the limit.  We really tried to find this little third cat a home but had no takers.  She is sooooo sweet and such a good kitty. Can't be more than a year old.  The other two cats are not yet too fond of her.  Mark was in charge of naming her:  Cleocatra.  Very original.  But I just hope we're not now known as "those people with all of the cats."  You know, those people.  It kind of  bothered me that when Mark was outside petting the cats and all three came up around him, a neighbor walking by said "Are you the Pied Piper of Cats?".  Yeah.  That's what I mean.  Two cats is okay, but three?  Eh.  People start to notice.

I had a really good visit with my parents.  We ate well and did lots of just being lazy.  It was great.

Today I was off work and went shopping and to lunch with a friend.  I FINALLY after like two years got my engagement ring fixed so I can wear it again.  Platinum is a soft metal and I was wearing my ring at work when I bent the prongs by putting on/taking off gloves.  I won't be wearing it to work again.  We ate at Macaroni Grill for lunch and did you know that they actually have a decent selection of lower calorie options?  I had a chicken shish kabob thing except that they call it something else.  It was incredibly filling and 360 calories!

Back to work tomorrow but thankfully I'm off this weekend.  So, kayaking it is!

No comments: